Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Trip to Monticello and Fallingwater



Monticello and Fallingwater were both great buildings but the building I like the most is Fallingwater. I believe that what made Fallingwater the best was the idea of a house in top of a waterfall. Also, I was amaze on how the building was composed of large horizontal walls and windows. The thing that I liked the most about Fallingwater was how tall the ceiling was. Since the ceiling was about 7ft tall I felt like the building was made for me since I'm short. Every part of the house was well planned, even the small hallways. The room that I liked the most at Fallingwater was Mr. Kaufmann's room,(the second picture. One of the things that the tour guide mentioned about Mr. Kaufmann's room was the idea of feeling that you are sleeping in a cave and I believe Frank Lloyd Wright achieved it. However one of the things that I didn't understand was the height of the toilets. The Building from the outside seemed to be really small compared to the inside, but once you step inside you notice that the main living room is huge as well as the rest of the rooms which is unique.

1 comment: