Monday, April 18, 2011

Extra Credit Discussion: Interior Design

After discussing the questions given to us today in class I believe that education plays a small role in the life of a designer. One member of our class was saying that in order to be a designer, education was necessary and that it was impossible for a person to open a design company without background education and I believe that’s not true. I believe that education is just an option you have, you can go to college to be more prepare and make money quickly, but if someone feels that they have the skills to succeed than I guess college is not necessary. Yes, both credentials and experience are important in the design field but those are not hard to achieve without a college education. During this discussion I though about ancient Greek designer and how they didn’t have an actual education but still built buildings like the Parthenon that actually still influence designers today . However I do believe that education is important today for designers because education makes it easier for designers to become recognize and find a job quickly. With an education you are also ahead of the people without it because you learn about fundamental ideas needed to become a good designer. Experiences and life skills are also important because they influence designers in many ways. Sometimes designers are influence by something during their childhood that makes them want to become designers like living in a big city and they eventually become interested in skyscrapers or the idea of lots of buildings together in one space. Life skill are also influential, for example, one of the reason I became interested in becoming a designer is that I was able to draw better than the average kids my age so I would always be drawing anything that I liked. When I was in high school I realized that drawing was a talent I could in college so I decided that interior architecture was a good choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment